June 27th
2012

Eye Exercises  ⁄  Dynamic Vision Trainer 1

Just look at multicolored cross, then follow red circles for divergence. You should fuse the multicolored circles in eight-pointed stars. Next watch again the multicolored cross and follow red circles for convergence and fusion. Use Ctrl + scroll wheel on your mouse to set up the distance between the centers of eight-pointed stars. Place the monitor at arm’s length, it’s about 0.5 meter.

The time of a set is about 3 minutes, total time of eye exercises is about 30 minutes per day. Remember warm-up before and relaxation massages after the eye exercise. Use glasses that are three-diopters lower than your current values of myopia at the distance of 0.5 meter:

Graphic algorithm for better understanding how to move the visual axes:

Let me know if you have any questions.

1. Jon:

24.07.2012 at 07:19 #

Greetings Doc,

I have a question for you. Ive been noticing lately, that when I go to bed at night closing all the lights in my room (Its almost completely dark) I see some flashes when I move my eye balls (while my eyes are open) for the first 10 mins (approx). Even if i turn my head right / left I sometimes see these so called ‘flashes’ right after I switch off the lights. I want to stress that these flashes are not random, they occur for the first 10 mins when i either move my eyeballs (left / right) or move my head (left/right) at a fast motion. I am just wondering are these flashes something to worry about ? I never see flashes during the day or night but only in my dark room at night when I move my eyeballs/head rigorously.

As always, thanks for your support.

24.07.2012 at 09:26 #

Jon, phosphene – a luminous flash produced by mechanical stimulation of the retina, as by pressure applied to the eyeball by the finger when the lid is closed. Some information about phosphenes please read here.

3. Steve:

11.09.2012 at 06:58 #

Hi Doc,

thank you for providing this information – a brilliant website.

I have a question about pseudo-myopia. I spend a lot of time on a computer and as a result my eyes are blurry/slow to focus at distance at the end of the day which i believe is possibly due to the cillary muscles spasming and not fully relaxing (I saw an optometrist who put drops in my eye to relax these muscles and i was informed that with the drops my eyes focussed correctly at distance). I have tried to reduce this problem by wearing reading glasses (cheap +1.0 diopter) for close work.

I guess my first question is whether you agree with my thoughts above and secondly, if you do agree, I wondered whether you could provide exercises to help improve the flexibility of the cillary muscles.

Your thoughts much appreciated
    Steve

11.09.2012 at 08:19 #

Steve, you should use cheap +2.0 or +2.5 diopters glasses at the distance of 0.5 or 0.4 meter to avoid the ciliary muscle spasming. The best prevention exercises are the dynamic divergence exercises with relaxation massages.

5. Abida:

11.09.2012 at 13:17 #

Hello Doc,

I have a few questions regarding the eye exercises for Myopia. Do I need to use glasses while doing the eye exercises? I know you have specified this in the chart provided above but Can’t I do these exercises without any glasses? Will these excercises be effectives without using glasses?

I have Myopis with -6.00 for left eye and -4.50 for the right.

Regards,
    Abida

11.09.2012 at 23:54 #

Abida, remember your goal is the full-functional binocular vision. It is well known that people can achieve stabile fusion when their visual acuity is not lower than 20/40. As a rule, such visual acuity corresponds to myopia of about -1.00 diopter. Of course you can do the exercises without glasses, but in this case – in my opinion – the efficiency is lower in comparison with under-corrected glasses.

7. John:

18.09.2012 at 02:57 #

Hi Doc,

I recently visited my eye doctor and found out I had minor myopia with minor astigmatism. -0.75 and -0.50, I want to correct this as soon as possible. I also wanted to know if I should start wearing glasses and if i should perform these exercises while wearing glasses. Also wanted to know if eating carrots would help.

Regards,
    John

20.09.2012 at 10:47 #

John, you should use +2.00 glasses while doing dynamic divergence exercises at the distance of 50 centimeters. Carrots with vegetable oil (olive, sunflower, etc) are helpful but not enough to return to perfect vision.

9. Steve:

21.09.2012 at 03:22 #

Hi Doc

I have bought some +2.00 glasses and am doing the dynamic divergence exercises, however, at a distance of 50 cm the images are blurred (my cillary muscles wont fully relax).
    Would you recommend that I continue to perform the exercise at 50 cm with the blurred images, get a lower prescription (+1.5 say) which will be in focus for me at this distance, or move closer to the screen?

Best wishes
    Steve

21.09.2012 at 20:14 #

Steve, you should find a distance of clear vision with +2.00 glasses. For example it’s about 40 cm. After that increase (slowly and smoothly) the distance at some centimeters (1, 2, 3, … 8, 9, 10) further from the screen to do images slightly blurred. Then decrease the distance and find clear vision. Repeat previous action and increase the distance. Thus, doing the exercises, swing forward and backward, from clear vision to blurred vision and back.

11. Ernst:

28.11.2012 at 13:24 #

Should the distance between the eight-pointed stars be set exactly to eye distance or comfortabe fusion at the time?

28.11.2012 at 19:06 #

Ernst, at the beginning the comfortable fusion is better, you can try a distance between CENTERS of the eight-pointed stars (not between the inner edges) one centimeter less than you pupillary distance. After a while gradually increase the distance. Finally switch over your full PD.

13. Richard:

20.03.2013 at 21:52 #

Hi
    I am unsure what you need to do on the eye exercises…like I don’t understand what is meant by the term “fusion in divergence” etc ?

11.04.2013 at 22:19 #

Richard,
    “Because something is happening here
    But you don’t know what it is
    Do you, Mister Jones?”
    Ballad Of A Thin Man by Bob Dylan

15. David:

22.06.2013 at 07:55 #

Dear Doc,

I’ve been doing your exercises daily for about a week and have noticed some improvement, but it’s too early to tell.

I had a question regarding the positive diopter glasses and my myopia. I have -1.5 myopia in each eye and also -.75 degrees astigmatism in my right eye.

Is it necessary for me to purchase positive diopter glasses as a teenager? Also, can these glasses cause cataracts? Lastly, if I do purchase such glasses, do I need to purchase 5 pairs each with a stronger magnification as my vision hopefully improves over time?

Thanks Doc,

David

22.06.2013 at 08:39 #

David, positive glasses can not cause cataracts. You can purchase +1.50D glasses. It’s enough for beginning.

17. James:

24.07.2013 at 16:21 #

Dear Doc.
    My vision got blurry when I was ten. Now I am 14, and have mild myopia (-2.75 in each eye). I am trying to get better vision by doing exercises. Recently I have found this web page where I can learn eye exercises, but I don’t really understand what to do. I don’t understand the above exercises and I would appreciate if you would explain those to me, but please, in simple words. I don’t understand what things like “fusion” “convergence” or “divergence” are.
    Thanks in advance.

03.08.2013 at 01:24 #

James,
    fusion=mergence of visual images
    convergence=inward eye movement
    divergence=outward eye movement

19. Patricia:

04.09.2013 at 22:53 #

Hello,
    i have perfect vision in one eye and -1.5 at the other.
    Shall I hide the eye with perfect vision then for the exercice.

24.09.2013 at 00:55 #

Patricia, don’t hide your perfect eye. Actually, you need to develop your binocular vision. If your weak eye works in collaboration (i.e. together) with your perfect eye, it’s ok.

21. Antonio:

03.10.2013 at 15:37 #

Hello, Doc, thanks for all this helpful info!
    I am starting now your program, since three days ago, but i can only make tje divergence fusion looking through a window. In the computer screen i can only make the convergence fusion. The matter is my girlfriend, she has perfect vision and she cannot achieve the divergence either if she is not looking through a glass (and the arabic symbols glued over it).
    We try to feel the same feeling we have when diverging looking thru a glass,
    In the computer screen, but the arabic symbols doesnt separate like over the glass. Just remain on our peripherial vision.
    What can we doing bad? May be the divergence fusion over an opaque surface is just a convergence paying more attention to peripherial vision??

I hope you understand my question, my english is so bad..
    Greetings!!

22. Lara:

01.09.2014 at 03:27 #

Hi Doc,

How many columns of symbols am I supposed see during the different movements of visual axes? Is it 3 for crossed and 2 for parallel and looking at the cross?

Thanks in advance,
    Lara

01.09.2014 at 09:16 #

Lara, 2 columns of symbols looking at the cross, 3 columns for crossed visual axes and 3 columns for parallel ones if you have completed the fusion in convergence and divergence. 2 columns in divergence means that one of your eyes is turned off when your visual axes are parallel.

24. Ishtiaq:

29.05.2015 at 22:13 #

How to fuse the multicolored circles in eight-pointed stars?i am not understanding it.

31.05.2015 at 09:25 #

Ishtiaq, have you high myopia or lazy eye, haven’t you?

26. Ishtiaq:

01.06.2015 at 08:37 #

I have -1.25D in left eye and -1.50D in right eye.

27. Ishtiaq:

01.06.2015 at 08:49 #

I can perform all the exercise including
    1)Dynamic Vision Trainer 1
    2)Eye Exercises For Myopia – Dynamic Convergence
    3)Eye Exercises for Myopia – Dynamic Divergence
    but i am yet unable to perform
    i)Myopia and Binocular Vision Development, part 1.My eyes are unable to make two images of the finger when looking at the spot. and
    ii)How to fuse the multicolored circles in eight-pointed stars Dynamic Vision Trainer 1?
    Thanks

28. Ishtiaq:

09.06.2015 at 18:07 #

Will wearing glasses of plus lens 8 hours in a day be helpful in reducing myopia?

09.06.2015 at 23:01 #

Ishtiaq, you should wear +1.5D glasses when your eyes work at the distance of 50 cm.

30. Ishtiaq:

10.06.2015 at 09:29 #

please answer for my above questions.

31. Ishtiaq:

06.07.2015 at 19:16 #

please give me your precious time. I am tired of myopia. I had myopia since January 2009.

06.07.2015 at 20:33 #

Ishtiaq, you are welcome…

33. Shuyi:

26.01.2016 at 09:59 #

Dear Dr. D,

Would you allow me to use the animation for the graphic algorithm on my website, with full acknowledgment of the source? I hope to use it as an illustration on binocularity and to encourage more myopic people to consider doing exercises that would help them use both eyes at the same time. I will also direct them to your site if they are keen for practical exercises that can help them.

Shuyi

26.01.2016 at 11:21 #

Shuyi – yes, you can use the gif-animation on your website. But, in my opinion, it isn’t too informative. I mean, the animation demonstrates what to do, but not explaines how to achieve the fusion in divergence, that is a dificult action for myopic persons for the first time. Usually, offline I use a trick with a small glass and two stickers for better understanding.

35. Shuyi:

27.01.2016 at 11:04 #

Thank you Doc. Somehow for me that diagram helped a lot. 🙂 when I understood what my eyes were trying to achieve, then I could do it. But yes, I will remember your tip to encourage people learn fusion in divergence by trying that exercise. 🙂

36. Alex_myopic:

23.05.2017 at 02:48 #

Doc, the miscoloured cross (probably a gif image?) doesn’t appear at all! And the last videos in your last posting do not appear either. 🙁

25.05.2017 at 22:57 #

Alex, the files were deleted by me. Now I am focusing on binocular rivalry and visually evoked potentials. At the moment I am using a checkerboard pattern reversal and blinking circles in my software. Last year I was a bit busy of programming and research. I’ll publish an article soon.